6.14.2010

16-1+1 = Remember when ...

... my smile used to look like this? The pic above was one of the last taken with my full complement of teeth, because 3 days later a daycare crash resulted in a bloody lip ...
... and a hockey grin.
At the time the dentist said "not to worry, her adult teeth will still come in just fine."

Somewhat fortunately, my natural smile doesn't often reveal my upper incisors ...
... but every once in awhile the Cubs will score a run ...
... or I'll be biking up in the mountains ...
... or playing in the Dells and I'll get excited and unleash the gap.
Then early this year something funny happened. When I'd stand on my head a little white thing was suddenly visible where before only the gap resided. If you examine my pics closely, perhaps you noticed.
But it wasn't until I turned goofy in the strawberry patch that a pic really captured the present-gone-present once again front tooth.
So I guess I didn't loose my tooth after all. While it's coming back in a bit crooked, I guess my days as an apparent toothless toddler are dwindling. This is really going to put a crimp in my noodle-sucking skills. But I'm not giving up hope yet - with my daily collisions as evidence, I guess there's still a good chance I'll end up with a more permanent hockey grin before my childhood is over! Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments: