7.22.2009

Scotland sightseeing

Yesterday (Tuesday) morning we packed up our stuff, I threw up my breakfast and lunch (4 times), and we made our way from Inverness to Fife in the rain ... along the way we stopped at a quaint little town called Pitlochry for a bit of shopping (above) before deciding to crash the pre-wedding party at Ken's parents' house. Despite my digestive issues earlier in the day, the older ladies at the party were suckers for my pleading and allowed me to devour about 15 strawberries from the dessert table (no ill effects to report thus far) and I posed for a picture with Ken and Marisa during a brief respite from the rain.
We left the party early for an exciting drive through the downpour north to Perthshire and the fabulous b&b we stayed at (I became fast friends with owner Sandy and his two dogs) ...
... that was located near nothing and dated back to the 1700s.
This morning we ventured over to the small town of Dunkeld and spent the morning visiting its cathedral on the River Tay ...
We also cruised the street of Dunkeld ...
... before heading up the road to Birnam (the town where Peter the Rabbit was conceived).
This afternoon we headed to Perth for Ken and Marisa's wedding rehearsal but where I had more fun chasing the pigeons that inhabit the shopping district.

1 comment:

eakoster said...

Lyllie, it looks like you are having so much fun! Sorry you lost your breakfast. I miss you!