5.16.2010

WoW

If it's Sunday and there is some buttermilk in the fridge door ... it means we're whipping up a batch of lumberjack pancakes! After scarfing down a couple of "Wiwee wetters" and a few "Mickey pancakes" ...
... it was off to Willy Street and a day of professional bike races with my friend Jacinda! Fortunately for us, they had a kiddie race, too, and allowed scooters!
The races' sponsors donated speedy helmets to all the kid racers, so I made sure to get fitted for one ...
... before lining up at the start next to Jacinda.
With a ready, set, GO! we were off!
The fans lining the race were cheering and clapping and ringing cow bells as we made our way up the block ...
... and to the finish line! I came in first place in my age group by default (I was the youngest one) - and I fell in love with bike racing (or at least the cookie I received for finishing).
Jacinda and I cooled down and re-fueled after our big race with a curbside picnic and returned the favor to the other racers by cheering and clapping as they zoomed by. I can't wait until next year's Wheels on Willy!

No comments: