5.05.2010

Mickey's house at last!


Well that took awhile! As promised, albeit a month late, here's the abbreviated story of my trip to see my friends at Mickey's house:

Despite being sick for much of the week, I still loved riding the trains,
monorails, boats, kiddiecoaster, one-way people movers, shuttles - if it moved, I rode it. While I met a lot of new friends (like Walt and Minnie) and experienced a lot of new things during the week (like rollercoasters) ...... I was particularly in awe of my first ride. My girl cousins and I practiced our line patience skills right off the bat and eventually experienced that "be done seen 'bout everything" feeling.
I soon discovered the princess's house really does exist (after months of pre bedtime discussions about it) ...
... and then scooted up front with cousin Ellen for a front-row seat for my first parade ...
... although Ellen lost her sidekick when the scary guys came by.
I was mesmerized by the nightly lighted parade ...
... and super excited when I saw Tinkerbell fly across the sky during the fireworks show.
We all took a day's break from the excitement of Mickey in order to get some swimming in ...
... before returning to visit Mickey's friends at Animal Kingdom. I saw a syllie buffalo pooping on a safari, Hopper and Flick in the big tree (Hopper spit on me!), and the Nemo musical (I narrated the whole thing to Mom and Dad). I also had fun teaching cousin Alea "All around the garden" ...
... and being included in their games by my cool cousins Ben and Bryan.
It was a challenge, but all the cousins managed to sort of sit still long enough to be included in a single picture.
Throughout the week I had taken notice of the long lines of people waiting to meet Mickey's friends in person, but I had second thoughts when it was my turn to actually do so.
But then I extended a single finger and touched Donald's hand ... and I liked it!
Being sure not to jump into the character-meeting frenzy too deeply, I kept to my single-digit greeting and called that good enough the rest of the week.
Bordering on the edge of exhaustion from my pneumonia and a serious lack of nighttime or naptime sleep, on our last day I reminded Mom and Dad that we still hadn't seen the Nemo ride ...
(if you don't know the story, ask me about it ... I'll give you a point-by-point blow of Nemo's and Nemo's daddy's adventure)
... or seen any princesses. So we left Nemo and monorail'd, train'd, and bipedal'd on over to the "Princess barn" just in time to meet Aurora (aka Beauty),
Cin-der-ewa,
and "just like my baby!" Belle.
All in all, I had a ton of fun experiencing all that is fun and magical at Disney!

No comments: