7.06.2008

Flags, cones, and puffs

Mom, Dad, and I Subaru'd up to celebrate the holiday weekend with wiscoGrandma and wiscoGrandpa at their hideaway. The Cougar was appropriately decorated as we made our way to the local 4th of July parade.

Grandpa (and his schnazzy shades) started out with Me duty as the fire engines and citizens of the year and beer-distributing floats and zambonis strolled by.

Halfway through the parade I obtained my first parade balloon, which kept me occupied for a while ...
... but before long I had had enough parading for one day.
Tooth troubles prevented me from sleeping well Friday night, so Saturday we all hopped on our bikes/Cougar with the hope that I'd catch up on rest during the 15 mile Cougar adventure.
(Don't worry - I was properly fastened in during the trip!)

We Cougar'd a long ways ... ultimately ending up at an ice cream shop in the middle of the woods outside the neighboring town. The stop started well ...
... but Grandma was very adept at keeping her cone just a little farther away than I wanted ...... so in retaliation I refused any further photo ops for the day.
Back home after the long car ride, I successfully fed myself for the first time ... ... for those scoring at home: banana puffs good.

No comments: