8.25.2011

Sand, steps, scales, and smiles

There are lots of pics to cover the last month or so ... the first week of which was spent with all my cousins up at Grammy's and Grampa's house in Michigan. We played on the dunes ...
... on the new jumpy toy ...
... on big farm equipment ...
... we all sort of agreed to happily gather in the backyard ...
... and finally but not leastly, we watched movies on the Open Space's big screen!
After a fun but exhausting fest of film, the Finns returned to his happy self after a few nights' sleep on his own mattress ...
... and then, out of the blue, he started doing this:
At first, I thought Finnerelli's newfound skill was great ...
... but after a few minutes I was dreading all that this development meant for my freedom and peace and quiet!
After another couple of nights in our own beds, Mom, Finn, and I headed up to the Woods to see GDO, GMO, Jane, and Larry.

While Finn stayed on shore to show off his bipedalism, I grabbed my Princess Pole and headed out in the rowboat with GDO and Larry to learn all about their newfound fishing prowess.
Larry helped set up my lure, sinker, and bobber ...
... and lo and behold, my bobber went under, I started reeling, and I CAUGHT A FISH!
At first I wanted to keep it and eat it. But then GDO and Larry told me the fish would die when we ate it ... so I opted instead to let the fish grow a little bigger before I come back and catch it again when it's all grown up.
Finn's 2 footin' was getting better and better and he had fun extending his range during our visit ...
... which came to an end after we did some wild raspberry picking along the side of the road. Hooray for the Woods! Hooray for fish! Hooray for the Princess Pole! Hooray for raspberries!
Our last week of summer before Mom went back to work was as busy as could be ... we headed a bit north with a couple of friends to see a real-life circus and play on real-life circus things ...
... and even ride on a real-life circus elephant!
... after which Finn did what Finn does best: destroy picnic blankets!
We spent a couple mornings having inside picnics in the dining room ...
... followed by polish ...
... followed by another real-life picnic with Dad at work ...
... at which I climbed a tree and couldn't get down!
Last weekend we headed to Chicago for our last Cub game of the year (they won ... and I'm starting to understand baseball rules! I know where the outfield is, where the infield is, who pitches, who catches, and who hits. Outs? They're still a bit confusing. But I did understand the Cubs got a big hit and won with 5 "points" while the Cardinals only had 4! Hooray for the Cubs!)

After the game we briefly checked out the Bean before nature called me away ...
... but we eventually returned to the park and had fun with the fountain faces.
We decided on an early morning picnic on our last summer Sunday, settling on a spot next to the river ...
... so we could have easy park access after we finished our yummy monkey bread.
Our summer concluded with a final backyard hummus picnic and a trip to the zoo!
Hooray for summer! Hooray for travel! Hooray for picnics! Hooray for Finn! Hooray for Me!

No comments: