12.31.2008

My Xmas in MI

We left Wisconsin a tad before 5 am and battled the icy MI roads to arrive at my MI grandparents' in the early afternoon. As soon as we arrived, my patient cousins finally got to start opening their gifts.

In the days following Xmas, the entire family continued a tradition of driving out to the
to listen to a local folk band. Cousins Ben and Bryan were in a goofy mood ...... and after Grammy gave me a slice of citrus, I made a funny face, too!
While in MI I discovered a love for jewelry ... I found a couple of beaded necklaces and figured out how to put them on and then refused to take them off!
After spending a week with me, aunt Cara said I'm on a constant hunt for all things food and drink ... particuarly drinks that are a bit too big for me.
One of Grammy and Grampa's Xmas gifts was an overnight stay at a local resort that has a huge waterpark, so all the aunts, uncles, and cousins spent a couple of days playing in the warm water inside while it was cold and snowy outside.
Before beginning our long trip home, we had dinner with Mom's/Dad's friends Ben and Chelsea and my friends Lucy and Hattie. We shared lots of giggles and smiles and Lucy and Hattie let me play with some of their cool toys before bed time put an end to a fun night.
The week in MI came to an end on the last day of 2008 ... and I posed with Grammy and Grampa before we started our Subaru adventure towards home.

No comments: